English to German translator with specialist experience in science
Things you have to know…
- Training in Physical Therapy
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician
- Biology Studies at Westminster College, Fulton, MO
- BSc (Honours) Natural Science, First-class Honours, The Open University
- Member of Deutscher Verband der freien Übersetzer und Dolmetscher e.V. (DVÜD)
Lived in: 2 countries (Germany and USA)
Studied in: 3 countries (Germany, UK and USA)
Qualified in: 4 subjects (biology, physical therapy, pharmacy and natural science with focus on molecular biology and pharmacology)
Born and bred in Germany I decided to broaden my horizon and took a year off from school for a student exchange year in the United States. I did not expect to land in Mid-West, nobody else expected me to stay there much longer than the anticipated one year. At the end of my student exchange year, I decided to stay a while longer at a small liberal arts college. The knowledge I gained – immense. The insight into American culture I got – priceless. As a foreigner in the US I learned that effective communication requires more than language skills.
After returning to Germany I kept my career path within the life science sector, but always loved most when I was able to use my language skills. I took the leap and changed my career path, becoming a freelance translator.
I am a firm believer that you can never know too much. I always want more knowledge in the scientific field and want to give my customers the best possible service.
Recent courses and workshops:
- Pragmatic Randomized Controlled Trials in Health Care (edX)
- Fundamentals of Clinical Trials (edX)
- Epidemics – the Dynamics of Infectious Disease (Coursera)